Skip to main content

Journey Homeschool Kickoff ~ 2015/2016


Today was our first day of school! Woo hoo! We had a crazy, busy summer with graduating one child and marrying off another. We took a little extended break the last three weeks to recharge and gear up for another fantastic school year. It is so hard to believe that we are starting our 6th year of homeschool! Each and every year I am more and more thankful for the opportunities we have with home education.

We had a totally rad first day of school, and I will share all about it on Thursday. (And it will explain why I just used the phrase "totally rad".)

But, for today, I will just share a couple of photos of my two amazing students. Eli is now in the 6th grade and Brynne is in the 5th grade.




Let the school year begin!!! It's going to be a Journey to Excellence. Come along!

Comments

  1. Could they be any cuter!? Happy "not" back to school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy First Day of School! Hard to believe they are 5th and 6th grade. Times sure does fly...
    How did the Wipeout Run go? Hope you had fun it looks like a fun course.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We all know that in this crazy world of homeschooling, we need all the (adult) support we can get. Please leave a comment if you so wish!

Popular posts from this blog

Cells ~ It's What's for Dinner

Dawson made edible cells on Friday. He made an animal cell pizza ... and a plant cell chocolate chip cookie ... He reviewed what he's learned about cells the past two weeks, and I had dinner made by someone else. Win, win!! I am linking up at Science Sunday at Adventures in Mommydom.

ABCya

Eli's reading resource teacher shared a website with me yesterday that I would like to pass along. It's called ABCya . There are separate educational sections with fantastic games for ages kindergarten through 5th grade. I browsed the 2nd grade level, and it includes age-appropriate games about Letters, Numbers, Shapes, Geometry, Patterns, Mouse Manipulation, Art and Holiday games. There are lots and lots of fun and creative games for children to play. They are fun, but oh, so educational. Eli's favorite, in his short time playing it, was Create a Car . A lot of the games also have Apps available for purchase (99 cents for most of them) for the iPad and iPhone. I have been looking for another free website for games similar to Starfall , for some time. I think I have found it. I can feel confident having Eli and Brynne play these games.

How to Build a Homeschool U.S. History Curriculum from "America: The Story of Us"

FINAL UPDATE (JUNE 2012): We completed our entire U.S. History course last month using the America: The Story of Us video series and the resources I had planned. We officially covered Episodes 1-9 which got us through the 1920's. We plan to use the remaining three videos when we study the World Wars in a couple of years. I just want to go on record as saying that I believe whole-heartedly that the use of this series with my resources would more than qualify your child for a full credit of U.S. History. And, it was exciting and enriching. Feel free to follow all of my lesson plans. You can see them all at this link: http://journey2excellence.blogspot.com/search/label/America%3A%20The%20Story%20of%20Us Update: America: The Story of Us is now available as an InstaStream through Netflix! We also had it available at our local library. If you didn't receive a complimentary copy, you won't have to pay the $30 for it! Many of us received a complimentary copy of "...