Friday, August 28, 2015
1. Oh, I am SO tired of seeing nothing but sorority posts on social media! I am glad to see all these girls having fun at college ... but where are the textbooks? Am I the only one wondering if these girls are participating in anything educational? Oh, but they have found their family. Geez.
2. Dawson completed his first week of college. To say that he did so without a ridiculous amount of moaning and groaning would be a complete lie. For the first time in his life, and I mean IN HIS LIFE, he had to actually sit down, more than once, and do homework! He was appalled that he has a paper due on Monday ... in Comp class! I sure hope we make it without one of us bashing our head against a brick wall. I am thinking I might be the first.
3. Today is our last regular day before we start back to school on Monday. There is weeping and gnashing of teeth going on around this house. But it is time. My dear little ones, it is time.
4. We have finally done it! After three years of living apart the majority of the time, Rick is making the move to work remote at our home in Missouri part-time. We have worked out a trial run schedule for his company to get us through the end of the year. I am sure the system will have to be tweaked and such, but so far it is agreeable to everybody. He will be spending longer stretches of time here with more time during the week. This will allow him to participate in more of the kids sports and activities. We have made him a den in the dining nook in our kitchen which has served as our back entryway. It's just the right size for a nice desk and all of his office supplies, and gives him a little privacy away from the general hub bub of the living and dining room. Although we will all have some adjusting to do, us getting used to him being here while we do schoolwork and him getting used to us being here while he is working, I think it's going to be so great for our family.
5. It's been a crazy couple of weeks for our whole family in regard to doctor and dentist appointments. We have one more doctor appointment to get in before the month's end. And it's a good one ....