Skip to main content

Dating Through the Alphabet ~ B is for Breakfast



I had to get super creative this week because we have been on vacation with our two little ones. There wasn't going to be any alone time on this trip, so we stole time whenever we could. And that was at Breakfast.


Yeah, right, like I was going to let you see what I look like in the morning when I have just crawled out of bed.

While the kids slept in, Rick and I went downstairs for Breakfast together each morning before he went to his conference. You gotta takes those moments when you can get them!

What about you? Did you and your husband go on a date this week? Even if you aren't playing along officially, you can link up any date and give it an appropriate letter. That way others can steal your idea!

Next week, for us, it's a "C" date. Gotta start thinking about that one!


Comments

  1. #1 We've seen you without your make up before on blogger and you look amazing.

    #2 I cheated again, but I had a very good reason

    #3 Yay for breakfast. Chris and I sneak off for a breakfast date more often than not since the kids are teens now and want to sleep 'til noon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I'm glad you got to spend some time together.
    Grant and I need a date night soon. I'm thinking dinner and a movie!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We all know that in this crazy world of homeschooling, we need all the (adult) support we can get. Please leave a comment if you so wish!

Popular posts from this blog

Cells ~ It's What's for Dinner

Dawson made edible cells on Friday. He made an animal cell pizza ... and a plant cell chocolate chip cookie ... He reviewed what he's learned about cells the past two weeks, and I had dinner made by someone else. Win, win!! I am linking up at Science Sunday at Adventures in Mommydom.

ABCya

Eli's reading resource teacher shared a website with me yesterday that I would like to pass along. It's called ABCya . There are separate educational sections with fantastic games for ages kindergarten through 5th grade. I browsed the 2nd grade level, and it includes age-appropriate games about Letters, Numbers, Shapes, Geometry, Patterns, Mouse Manipulation, Art and Holiday games. There are lots and lots of fun and creative games for children to play. They are fun, but oh, so educational. Eli's favorite, in his short time playing it, was Create a Car . A lot of the games also have Apps available for purchase (99 cents for most of them) for the iPad and iPhone. I have been looking for another free website for games similar to Starfall , for some time. I think I have found it. I can feel confident having Eli and Brynne play these games.

How to Build a Homeschool U.S. History Curriculum from "America: The Story of Us"

FINAL UPDATE (JUNE 2012): We completed our entire U.S. History course last month using the America: The Story of Us video series and the resources I had planned. We officially covered Episodes 1-9 which got us through the 1920's. We plan to use the remaining three videos when we study the World Wars in a couple of years. I just want to go on record as saying that I believe whole-heartedly that the use of this series with my resources would more than qualify your child for a full credit of U.S. History. And, it was exciting and enriching. Feel free to follow all of my lesson plans. You can see them all at this link: http://journey2excellence.blogspot.com/search/label/America%3A%20The%20Story%20of%20Us Update: America: The Story of Us is now available as an InstaStream through Netflix! We also had it available at our local library. If you didn't receive a complimentary copy, you won't have to pay the $30 for it! Many of us received a complimentary copy of "...