Skip to main content

It's Official


I am an adjunct professor!

I received my contract yesterday to teach an online Business Law course (the course I developed and wrote) at a Christian university. I am so excited! This has been my dream since I started law school 20 years ago.

I always said that I thought I might practice law for a few years and then teach. Little did I know that you don't just decide to teach. It's difficult to get into that field, and quite a process! And, the pay stinks. But, with technological advances, I am able to teach this course from home and still educate my children without interruption. So, there aren't any overhead expenses for me in gas, clothing, etc. Heck, I can teach in my pjs (and plan to)! I get the best of both worlds.

To say that God orchestrated this whole thing would be a huge understatement! The way this all came about is nothing short of divine intervention, and I am so grateful for the opportunity.

I am hoping this is only the beginning … that slowly I will be able to add other classes, maybe even from other universities, so that I can make this a full-time career someday. This would be a great way to spend my later years.

Now I just have to get to working on a viable schedule for our family. Fitting this in will require work and diligence. But I am up for the challenge.

Comments

  1. Congrats! I do online college courses I do a lot of mine in the evening after homework is done and early morning hours while everyone is a sleep. Good Luck!!! Have Fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you. What an accomplishment! Looking forward to hearing all about your adventures in your new career. So sorry you have had a hard time finding a Cooperative to fit your family and needs. Wish we lived near one another and you could attend ours. We would love to have you.
    Blessings
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! That is so great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is fantastic! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We all know that in this crazy world of homeschooling, we need all the (adult) support we can get. Please leave a comment if you so wish!

Popular posts from this blog

Cells ~ It's What's for Dinner

Dawson made edible cells on Friday. He made an animal cell pizza ... and a plant cell chocolate chip cookie ... He reviewed what he's learned about cells the past two weeks, and I had dinner made by someone else. Win, win!! I am linking up at Science Sunday at Adventures in Mommydom.

ABCya

Eli's reading resource teacher shared a website with me yesterday that I would like to pass along. It's called ABCya . There are separate educational sections with fantastic games for ages kindergarten through 5th grade. I browsed the 2nd grade level, and it includes age-appropriate games about Letters, Numbers, Shapes, Geometry, Patterns, Mouse Manipulation, Art and Holiday games. There are lots and lots of fun and creative games for children to play. They are fun, but oh, so educational. Eli's favorite, in his short time playing it, was Create a Car . A lot of the games also have Apps available for purchase (99 cents for most of them) for the iPad and iPhone. I have been looking for another free website for games similar to Starfall , for some time. I think I have found it. I can feel confident having Eli and Brynne play these games.

How to Build a Homeschool U.S. History Curriculum from "America: The Story of Us"

FINAL UPDATE (JUNE 2012): We completed our entire U.S. History course last month using the America: The Story of Us video series and the resources I had planned. We officially covered Episodes 1-9 which got us through the 1920's. We plan to use the remaining three videos when we study the World Wars in a couple of years. I just want to go on record as saying that I believe whole-heartedly that the use of this series with my resources would more than qualify your child for a full credit of U.S. History. And, it was exciting and enriching. Feel free to follow all of my lesson plans. You can see them all at this link: http://journey2excellence.blogspot.com/search/label/America%3A%20The%20Story%20of%20Us Update: America: The Story of Us is now available as an InstaStream through Netflix! We also had it available at our local library. If you didn't receive a complimentary copy, you won't have to pay the $30 for it! Many of us received a complimentary copy of "...