Sunday, August 22, 2010
A Day of Egyptian Documentaries ~ September 3rd
For those of you studying Ancient Egypt, National Geographic Channel has five back-to-back documentaries playing on Friday, September 3rd.
* The Scorpion King, 8:00 a.m. ~ "The Scorpion King likely united kingdoms of ancient Egypt."
* The Real Ramses, 9:00 a.m. ~ "Fresh interpretations of existing evidence reveal secrets behind the success of Ramses II."
* The Pyramid Code, 10:00 a.m. ~ "Experts trace the development of pyramids from flat mud-brick structures to the giant masterpieces still standing today."
* Secrets of the Valley of the Kings, 11:00 a.m. ~ "Archaeologists unravel the secrets of the Valley of the Kings, the sacred tombs of the Pharaohs in Egypt."
* Mystery of the Screaming Man, 12:00 p.m. ~ "Over 100 years ago an unidentified mummy was found lying alongside some of the most famous pharaohs in Egyptian history, with his face contorted in a scream."
I think we will arrange our schedule to conclude regular studies on Thursday of that week, get up on Friday the 3rd and watch these shows with some popcorn while lounging in our pjs. That will be a nice reward for three weeks of hard work.