As you can see, he's a teenager of many words.
We are using this weekly blogging tool, of Dawson writing a weekly wrap-up post (go here to read it), as a writing assignment for him. He typed it. Then he and I sat together while he looked for his grammatical and spelling errors.
He is right ... he doesn't type much. So, we'll be starting his typing curriculum next Monday.
This week we started our A World of Adventure curriculum and Saxon Pre-Algebra and just tried to get into somewhat of a groove. I think we were very successful at that.
I posted about our first day of school here and will be posting on Monday about one of our field trips.
Some highlights of the week for me were:
* He didn't give me attitude about school even once! One time, when I asked him to do something I knew he wouldn't like, he sighed. But then he stopped mid-sigh and completed the assignment without any protest. And he did it well.
* I have been very impressed with the neatness and quality of his work.
* I know that he has enjoyed our study of Ancient Egypt so far. In fact last night he even said he wanted to just study it all year.
* He definitely gets the most enjoyment out of hands-on activities. But, I knew that would be the case.
* He is a smarty!! He knows (and retains) a lot.
* I love having him here all day with me.
* If we stay at this pace, this is going to be an awesome year!
Next week will be more of a "normal" school week, and I am looking forward to it!
I don't know that I will have a separate Weekly Wrap-up post every week. I am hoping that Dawson will get into a groove of reviewing his week (and maybe actually review it). I thought, instead, that I might just add some links to the end of his post of other things I have posted about previously in the week. We'll see how that all works out.
Although the week went along swimmingly, I am exhausted! Getting up and starting my day at 5:15 a.m., running, getting three other kids up and ready for and to school, schooling Dawson all day, running errands and taking care of my normal daily responsibilities has me wiped out! I'm looking forward to the weekend.
Now we are off to the grocery store.