Skip to main content

First Day ~ My Birthday


We spent the first day of August, my birthday, driving up the Pacific Coast Highway from San Diego to San Francisco. What a crazy amazing way to spend any day, let alone a birthday. The views were breathtaking in Big Sur! We had temperature ranges from 111 degrees to 61 degrees in just a couple of hours of driving. And we arrived at our vacation rental late and ready for a good night's sleep!

Our last morning in San Diego

The patio outside our condo in San Diego.

And the view of the bay and dog park just beyond it.

Brynne fell and skinned her knee while getting ice with daddy.

The traffic going through LA. Who in their right mind would live there?

My birthday lunch.

And some backseat snacks.

Crazy amounts of oil derricks.

The miserably hot temps.

And then just a couple of hours later.

The mountain views on one side of PCH were awesome!

And the ocean views near Big Sur were astonishingly beautiful!

With the fog we got to see a real working lighthouse! So cool!

More beautiful Big Sur views.

And a panoramic! Just gorgeous!

My favorite photo from the whole trip!

Brynne touching a cloud in the mountains!! A cool moment!

Oh brrrrr!!!!

And then fog coming into San Francisco.

But a comfy warm bed waiting for us at the apartment.

Good night! It was a long day!

I am linking up with Nicole at Journey to Josie. She was on the road all day on the First Day of August, too.

Comments

  1. How wonderful your birthday in on the 1st! Happy birthday! Looks like a lovely trip!

    Visiting from Journey to Josie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday! It looks like it was a great day! Praying this is a blessed year for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had fun and survived the heat! Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy (belated) birthday!! My anniversary is on August 1st so that made for a fun First Day. :-) What a great trip - I love the patio in San Diego and the Big Sur views - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We all know that in this crazy world of homeschooling, we need all the (adult) support we can get. Please leave a comment if you so wish!

Popular posts from this blog

Cells ~ It's What's for Dinner

Dawson made edible cells on Friday. He made an animal cell pizza ... and a plant cell chocolate chip cookie ... He reviewed what he's learned about cells the past two weeks, and I had dinner made by someone else. Win, win!! I am linking up at Science Sunday at Adventures in Mommydom.

ABCya

Eli's reading resource teacher shared a website with me yesterday that I would like to pass along. It's called ABCya . There are separate educational sections with fantastic games for ages kindergarten through 5th grade. I browsed the 2nd grade level, and it includes age-appropriate games about Letters, Numbers, Shapes, Geometry, Patterns, Mouse Manipulation, Art and Holiday games. There are lots and lots of fun and creative games for children to play. They are fun, but oh, so educational. Eli's favorite, in his short time playing it, was Create a Car . A lot of the games also have Apps available for purchase (99 cents for most of them) for the iPad and iPhone. I have been looking for another free website for games similar to Starfall , for some time. I think I have found it. I can feel confident having Eli and Brynne play these games.

How to Build a Homeschool U.S. History Curriculum from "America: The Story of Us"

FINAL UPDATE (JUNE 2012): We completed our entire U.S. History course last month using the America: The Story of Us video series and the resources I had planned. We officially covered Episodes 1-9 which got us through the 1920's. We plan to use the remaining three videos when we study the World Wars in a couple of years. I just want to go on record as saying that I believe whole-heartedly that the use of this series with my resources would more than qualify your child for a full credit of U.S. History. And, it was exciting and enriching. Feel free to follow all of my lesson plans. You can see them all at this link: http://journey2excellence.blogspot.com/search/label/America%3A%20The%20Story%20of%20Us Update: America: The Story of Us is now available as an InstaStream through Netflix! We also had it available at our local library. If you didn't receive a complimentary copy, you won't have to pay the $30 for it! Many of us received a complimentary copy of "...