1. On Thursday night Brynne competed (for the third year) in the Junior Miss Septemberfest pageant in our little town. She loves this event that gives her a chance to hang up her sports equipment and dress up like a lady. We spent the afternoon getting her the Diva Package at Kyndal's cosmetology school which consisted of an updo, makeup, and nail polish. She looked absolutely beautiful and Kyndal did a fantastic job!
Each year Brynne has improved in the pageant. This year you could see so much more confidence in her, and we really worked on her interviewing skills. And it paid off! She was awarded First Runnerup! She was so thrilled and we were all so proud of her! I think the crown is hers next year!
2. My kiddos all got over a nasty virus about a week ago and now the big kids all have a different one! Kyndal, Collin, Dawson and Taylar (and several of their friends) have all had a horrible virus this week that has the same symptoms as strep throat. I hope this is not indicative of how our winter is going to be in the health department!
3. Rick and I are painting Eli's room this weekend (finally) because we are kicking him out of it. Well, actually we are trading rooms with him. When we moved into this house two years ago, Eli and Brynne were still sharing a room so we gave them the large bedroom and took the smaller one on the main level. A few months ago we made Brynne her own bedroom in the basement. Rick and I are desperately wanting our uber comfortable king-sized bed here in Missouri, but it won't fit in our current room. So, we are going to switch bedrooms with Eli. Step one is to paint.
4. Look at these Birkenstocks! I am not one who typically has a need to buy name brand items. I am cheap and I buy cheap. But I have been looking for the perfect black flipflop for about 3 years. And since I heard that Birkenstocks are back in, I did a little search on Zappos to see what they have available. Love. I don't love the price, but I would seriously wear these for probably the next 10 years.
5. And something else about Brynne. Volleyball season has started. Is it just me or is my child the only one in the world who has grown up exponentially this past year? When I watch her play I am in awe at how much she has matured and improved. Last year she was brand new to sports. This year there is such control and determination in her play. I am just so proud of her (and all my kids).