Skip to main content

N, O, P ~ Blogging Through the Alphabet (Favorites Edition)


Ben and Me

I fell behind on my Blogging Through the Alphabet posts. Vacations and tons of family activities have been my daily blogging subjects instead. So, I am going to get all caught up in one post.

N is for Naps

Now that I don't drink coffee, naps have moved up as my number one favorite thing. When I was younger I had to get in comfies, under the covers with the drapes pulled, and turn on a fan to settle in for at least a two hour nap. Anything less than that just wasn't worth it. And Rick and I used to talk about how stressed I was about dying and being in Heaven because I probably wouldn't get naps if I was singing the Hallelujah Chorus all the time. Now that I am older, I don't care as much for the long naps but prefer power naps. I love to lay down on the couch for about 30 minutes in the afternoon, close my eyes, and just rest. I doze off and sleep peacefully and when I wake up I am ready to fix dinner and continue on with the evening. I don't nap every day, but I wish I could.

O is for Order 

In order for me to live peacefully (and most especially for those around me to live peacefully), I must have order. I don't do well with nilly willy days and I cannot stand things strewn about. Now, let me clarify. I am a piler. I have piles on my desk, in the kitchen, in my bedroom. These are not hoarders kinds of piles, but small piles nonetheless. And I know exactly what is in them. And I want them to be stacked as neatly as possible in an orderly way on the surface. I have to have my pillows on my couch in their "spots" and I put them that way about 100 times a day. I like to do the same thing at the same time every day. I wouldn't call it OCD because I can function when things are not the way I want them. It just kind of drives me batty.

I did not say I was a clean freak, because I am not. I clean until things are orderly and then I am satisfied. This means there is dog hair still under the couch, that my stove is crusted with yuck, and I need to scrub my bathtub. But if you just walked into the room, you would feel order and you would believe it was clean! It's all trickery!

I am also not organized. Being orderly and being organized are two completely different things. Please do not ever open my closets or cabinets, especially if you like things organized. If things are stuffed in there not falling out and can be closed behind a door, all is good. Plus Rick is organized. So as long as he is organized, I can rely on him and I don't need to be.

P is for Project Runway

Project Runway is my favorite television show to watch out of all television shows. I love the creativity. I love the personalities of the contestants. I love the fashion. But most of all I love Tim Gunn. I have said it before and I will say it again ... if you ever want to spend a ridiculous amount of money on me, I would like to spend a day with Tim Gunn. I also want a Mood canvas tote. I keep thinking I am going to order one from the Mood site but never do. I don't even know if you can buy them anymore. I don't even sew, but I think the bags are cool.


So how is that for random??

You won't hear from me for a few days as the little kids and I are headed to the lake with our best friends from Oklahoma. This will be our last hoorah before we start back to school a week from today. I must say that I am now ready to get back to school so that we have more order around here.

I need to get off of here so that I can finish watching Project Runway from last week. And I might even have time to take a little nap before we leave.

Comments

  1. Hope you enjoy your time away! Happy homeschooling next week...we start back then too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We all know that in this crazy world of homeschooling, we need all the (adult) support we can get. Please leave a comment if you so wish!

Popular posts from this blog

ABCya

Eli's reading resource teacher shared a website with me yesterday that I would like to pass along. It's called ABCya . There are separate educational sections with fantastic games for ages kindergarten through 5th grade. I browsed the 2nd grade level, and it includes age-appropriate games about Letters, Numbers, Shapes, Geometry, Patterns, Mouse Manipulation, Art and Holiday games. There are lots and lots of fun and creative games for children to play. They are fun, but oh, so educational. Eli's favorite, in his short time playing it, was Create a Car . A lot of the games also have Apps available for purchase (99 cents for most of them) for the iPad and iPhone. I have been looking for another free website for games similar to Starfall , for some time. I think I have found it. I can feel confident having Eli and Brynne play these games.

Cells ~ It's What's for Dinner

Dawson made edible cells on Friday. He made an animal cell pizza ... and a plant cell chocolate chip cookie ... He reviewed what he's learned about cells the past two weeks, and I had dinner made by someone else. Win, win!! I am linking up at Science Sunday at Adventures in Mommydom.

Last Child in the Woods ~ Chapters 1-4

Welcome to our book study of Last Child in the Woods by Richard Louv. To be honest, I have no idea what this "study" is going to look like. I imagine that when we get together I will post about all of the things that caught my eye. And I would ask that you leave a comment, or a link to your own blog post in the comment, about what caught yours. This isn't anything formal, ladies, just a place to talk about what we have read. I have now read the first four chapters of Last Child in the Woods two times. It is just so good. Several things have specifically hit me deep, but in general I just realized that "times, they are a changin'." Things aren't the way they were when we were kids. Chapter 1. Gifts of Nature ~ "When I see birches bend to left and right ... I like to think some boy's been swinging them." ~ Robert Frost What is your definition of nature? What feelings, visions, senses does it conjure up? For me, it's not a