1. This has been quite an exciting week for us! We spent 9 days in Nevada and California exploring Las Vegas, San Diego, and San Francisco. It was a dream vacation for Eli and Brynne and we had an excellent time! Legoland was definitely a highlight!
2. My birthday was spent in the backseat of a rental car on an all-day trip from San Diego to San Francisco. But let me tell you, there is no better way to spend your birthday than seeing the views on the Pacific Coast Highway near Big Sur. Absolutely breathtaking and a birthday I will not soon forget!
3. Speaking of birthdays ... Brynne's 9th birthday is today. We had a family dinner last night and her birthday party is tonight. She is having a Pokemon themed birthday party at the park with her friends so I am busy making treats. She is playing her new WiiU with Eli and her daddy. And a bonus is that the temps are in the 70's today .. in August! I would say that we are having a great day!
4. Tomorrow Rick and I are going for an overnight together to celebrate our anniversary that was in June. He has planned the whole thing and I have no idea what we are doing. I am really looking forward to it!!
5. And last, but certainly not least ... Kyndal and Collin officially got engaged on Monday! We are now in the whirlwind of planning a wedding. They are going to have an outside wedding on July 11, 2015, with a rustic lace theme. We have already purchased her dress, and I have mine, too. We are blessed to have a wedding coordinator who is taking care of many of the details for us. He is amazing and I cannot wait to see how things turn out. On Wednesday night Rick and I went to dinner with Collin and Kyndal and his parents, our good friends Tracey and Pam. We are incredibly blessed to be getting such great in-laws. Our families will have such a fun future together.
Told you it was a busy one!