Skip to main content

Random 5 on Friday



1. Rick, Brynne and I were up early this morning to attend the elementary school homecoming pep rally. Brynne was invited to join her volleyball team. I am grateful that the school offers to include its homeschooled students in their activities. Brynne and her friend Jenna are always welcomed with open arms, which is awesome.

2. Kyndal is, as I type this, taking her cosmetology theory exam. She is so nervous, but I am sure she will do fine. She takes her practical exam on Monday. After she passes both she will have her full cosmetology license. She has been working with her temporary license the past couple of weeks. UPDATE: She passed her theory! Now she just has to pass her practical on Monday. Half-way there!

3. Also, as I type this, my niece, Rylee, is having an ultrasound. She is 35 weeks pregnant and barely measuring 28 centimeters. This diagnostic ultrasound will determine if she can continue to carry the baby to full term or if they will need to take her early because of failure to thrive. UPDATE: Rylee is 34 weeks 6 days, and the baby measured at 34 weeks 1 day. So far they believe she weighs about 5 lbs. 6 ozs. All of Rylee's fluids are good.

4. I am anxiously awaiting the results of the Judgment in my child support case. The Judgment has been issued but we won't know what it says until it is mailed to my attorney. UPDATE: So far what I have seen on the online docket sheet has been good news!! Waiting for the final judgment. Should have it early next week.

5. It is a cold, rainy day here in Missouri. It looks like the homecoming parade will be cancelled. Even if it's not, I think Brynne is going to opt out of riding with her volleyball team. It's definitely a sweatpants and blanket kind of day. I have beef cooking in the crockpot for some beef and noodles for dinner tonight. Fall is definitely here!

Comments

  1. Both my girls measured small and I was told it could be that. I refused I knew everything was alright. They did many ultrasounds all paid for since it was medically necessary. Long story short they are small girls still but I'm tiny (4'11" 95 lbs). They weighed 6 lbs 4 oz (my oldest and first) 5 lbs 4 oz my youngest/last. They were healthy and fine just tiny. Some people just have tiny babies. While it wasn't my case since I was older a lot of times young girls who are having their first baby very young have tiny babies. Will pray everything is alright! Tell her to hang in there, and don't get scared. - Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great news all around! Baby is measuring fine, a few days tiny but hey I'd much rather have a tiny baby then one like my sister, my nephew weighed almost 10 lbs!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We all know that in this crazy world of homeschooling, we need all the (adult) support we can get. Please leave a comment if you so wish!

Popular posts from this blog

CTC Math {Schoolhouse Review}

We found our groove with math this year. I found a curriculum that both of the kids respond well to and seem to enjoy (as much as one can enjoy math). We have spent the whole year learning the ins and outs of multiplication and were just a few lessons away from being ready to move onto the next year-long level on division. And then an opportunity to review the 12 Month Family Plan from  CTC Math became available. To be honest, I wasn't very enthusiastic. I mean, why mess with the methods that have worked so well? When I was chosen to review the product I didn't go into it with the level of enthusiasm that it deserved. We have been using a dvd/workbook curriculum with great success. The 12 Month Family Plan from CTC Math is a web based curriculum. As we have not had a lot of luck with those types of programs, I went into this review with a negative attitude. And then my socks were knocked off by how great it is. In fact it is so great that we are going to continue to ...

Cells ~ It's What's for Dinner

Dawson made edible cells on Friday. He made an animal cell pizza ... and a plant cell chocolate chip cookie ... He reviewed what he's learned about cells the past two weeks, and I had dinner made by someone else. Win, win!! I am linking up at Science Sunday at Adventures in Mommydom.

Veritas Press Self-Paced History: Old Testament and Ancient Egypt (Schoolhouse Review)

For the past several weeks we have been reviewing Veritas Press Self-Paced History: Old Testament and Ancient Egypt and the Old Testament and Ancient Egypt Flashcards  from Veritas Press . As we were entering into our more easy-going summer schedule, and had just concluded a two-year Old Testament Bible course, I was happy to try out this product as it appeared to be something that Eli and Brynne could do together, alone, and would act as a review of the Old Testament presented in a different way. And I was right. Each Veritas Press Self-Paced History program includes 160 lessons teaching about 32 events in history. They are designed for children in grades 2-6, and it is recommended that the student be a minimum of 7 years of age at the time of the first lesson. What We Received We received a full one-year subscription, for one child, to the online Veritas Press Self-Paced History: Old Testament and Ancient Egypt program and the accompanying Old Testament and Ancien...