1. Kyndal passed both of her cosmetology state board exams! She received an 88% on the Theory and a 91% on the Practical. She is now a legit hair stylist!! I am so proud of her! This is a girl that absolutely hated school. She wasn't interested so she just didn't try to do well. Why? Because from the time she was little she knew that she wanted to be a cosmetologist and, to her, school was a colossal waste of time. It drove me absolutely nuts when she was growing up. But she has proven that once she sets a goal, she will do all it takes to achieve it. Once she started on the path to her career she gave it her all, and one year later her hard work has paid off.
2. Tomorrow we are celebrating Dawson's 18th birthday. How in the world is it that this goofy kid is now an adult? Do you know what he wants to do for his birthday? He wants our family to go to Incredible Pizza. So that's what we are doing. We are all loading up tomorrow afternoon to drive two hours to the nearest Incredible Pizza Company. One of his best friends from Oklahoma is coming to celebrate with us. It should be lots of fun!
3. We have camel crickets in our basement. They are creepy and annoying. Dawson did some research about them this week and learned that if we don't get rid of them that they will attract mice. So we set some makeshift traps and have now caught two of them. Hopefully we will be rid of them all soon. Yuck!
4. Getting a new central furnace is outside the realm of financial possibility right now. Last winter we kept warm(ish) with electric space heaters. We managed, but it was not very much fun. And, the cost of using those heaters was outrageous. Suspecting that we will have another long and miserable winter this year, we have decided to purchase and install a direct vent gas furnace. A window air conditioner in our dining room manages to keep the whole house nice and cool in the summer. So we are hoping that this furnace placed in the same room will keep the house warm enough and be more cost efficient. It is not the prettiest thing in the world, but I'll take function over fashion any day.
5. I am so glad it is the weekend! I have been so tired all week. It just doesn't feel like I can get enough sleep.We have a lot of activity planned for the weekend, but I am looking forward to a quiet night tonight and the opportunity to sleep in tomorrow morning.