Skip to main content

First Day ~ December


It's time for another First Day post. December 1st snuck up on me and the kids actually reminded me mid-morning what date it was! We had a great first day back to school after our Thanksgiving break, starting to set our hearts and minds on Christmas.

This is a new favorite warm spot!

Our daily Advent lessons from Thriving Family magazine.

The fun poster that comes with Journey to the Manger

Christmas stories and Halloween candy.

A new book from the Middle School series.

Like her mama ... loves historical fiction.

Lunch break while researching vintage Disney characters.

Sweet Buck waiting patiently for the mailman. Grrrrr ....

Our first dePaola book in our Christmas series.

Joggers and Uggs. My new favorite outfit.

Decorating our Christmas tree ...

... as our activity from The Family Christmas Tree book.

The finished product, minus my garland which I can't find.

Our yearly countdown chain to Eli's birthday and Christmas.

'Yay' for new hair color ...

.... while my stylist takes a phone break.

Kicking off the Christmas season RIGHT!

Relaxing with my new fresh hair color and cut.

Quincy on post sleeping under the glow of the Christmas tree.

Only 23 more days until Christmas!!

Time for a little reading and then bed.

Join Nicole at Journey to Josie for her First Day Linkup. And say a prayer for her and her family today as they are grieving from the very recent loss of her brother.

Comments

  1. Wonderful 1st of December Pictures Nicole and I totally love your hair! Looking forward to following you!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We all know that in this crazy world of homeschooling, we need all the (adult) support we can get. Please leave a comment if you so wish!

Popular posts from this blog

ABCya

Eli's reading resource teacher shared a website with me yesterday that I would like to pass along. It's called ABCya . There are separate educational sections with fantastic games for ages kindergarten through 5th grade. I browsed the 2nd grade level, and it includes age-appropriate games about Letters, Numbers, Shapes, Geometry, Patterns, Mouse Manipulation, Art and Holiday games. There are lots and lots of fun and creative games for children to play. They are fun, but oh, so educational. Eli's favorite, in his short time playing it, was Create a Car . A lot of the games also have Apps available for purchase (99 cents for most of them) for the iPad and iPhone. I have been looking for another free website for games similar to Starfall , for some time. I think I have found it. I can feel confident having Eli and Brynne play these games.

Cells ~ It's What's for Dinner

Dawson made edible cells on Friday. He made an animal cell pizza ... and a plant cell chocolate chip cookie ... He reviewed what he's learned about cells the past two weeks, and I had dinner made by someone else. Win, win!! I am linking up at Science Sunday at Adventures in Mommydom.

Last Child in the Woods ~ Chapters 1-4

Welcome to our book study of Last Child in the Woods by Richard Louv. To be honest, I have no idea what this "study" is going to look like. I imagine that when we get together I will post about all of the things that caught my eye. And I would ask that you leave a comment, or a link to your own blog post in the comment, about what caught yours. This isn't anything formal, ladies, just a place to talk about what we have read. I have now read the first four chapters of Last Child in the Woods two times. It is just so good. Several things have specifically hit me deep, but in general I just realized that "times, they are a changin'." Things aren't the way they were when we were kids. Chapter 1. Gifts of Nature ~ "When I see birches bend to left and right ... I like to think some boy's been swinging them." ~ Robert Frost What is your definition of nature? What feelings, visions, senses does it conjure up? For me, it's not a