1. Unlike the usual me, I an REALLY feeling the Christmas spirit this year! I can't remember the last time I felt this way. Even with my Christmas spirit, I am still not a huge fan of Christmas music. Instead, I have been listening to Pandora, to a channel I created myself using the search of "How He Loves David Crowder Band". That is one of my very favorite songs ever. It brings me to tears and causes me to stop what I am doing and close my eyes and worship God, even in the bathroom in the middle of flat ironing my hair. Every song that comes up under that search could be a Christmas song, to me, as they tell of Jesus' love and redemption. That is the reason we celebrate Christmas.
2. Dawson had a doctor's appointment this week for a recent issue that is going to require some outpatient surgery in the next few months. The news about the potential problems should he not have the surgery was a crushing blow to him. Everything should be all right, but we would appreciate your prayers for total healing and a calming of fears for him.
3. Do you read Christmas books this time of year? I don't mean picture books for your kids, although we read tons of those, too. I am talking about some good ol' feel good Christmas novellas? I always try to. They are heartwarming and an easy read for this time of year. Here is my stack of books to read. I have already finished Christmas at Harrington's. I loved it. I am now moving onto my favorite Christmas author Richard Paul Evans. Do you have any other Christmas novels you would like to recommend?
4. Gift wrapping is such a chore, isn't it? I usually put it off until Christmas Eve morning (for our Christmas Eve gift exchange with my family) and then Rick and I stay up half the night that night wrapping for Christmas morning. THIS year, however, I am ahead of the game! I am going to get all of our gifts wrapped by Christmas Eve. I have made a huge dent in my pile. There is still tons to do, but I will have it done. Like I said, I am in the Christmas spirit this year!!!
5. Rick texted me the other night and said that gas in Tulsa was $1.95 a gallon. Can you believe that? It's been about 10 years since gas was that cheap. It's still about $2.15 here, but even that's an awesome change from the past few years. Now maybe grocery prices will start to go down!