|(These are candles from the Taste of Home site. Mine are below)|
Complete instructions can be found at this Taste of Home site.
Here are a few tips from me.
- I used small milk cartons I got out of the trash at my son's elementary school. I just rinsed them out, cut the tops off and let them dry completely.
- I used two, 1-lb. blocks of paraffin wax and pre-made 3 1/2" wicks with tabs (instead of "tapers"). This made eight candles using small milk cartons.
- To put in the wicks, I hot glued them to the bottom of the milk carton.
- To melt the wax, I just put the blocks in an oven-safe pan, on a pizza pan, and melt at 225 degrees.
- I actually filled the milk carton about 3/4 full with crushed ice and then poured wax until the ice was just covered.
- We also added glitter over the ice before we poured in the wax to give them some shimmer, since we didn't add color to the wax.