Friday, December 12, 2014
1. I thought I was all done Christmas shopping. But then when I was looking at the case of the ONLY thing Brynne wants for Christmas (a video game), I noticed that it was an expansion pack and you have the have the original game for it to play it. She has this original game, but it's on the Xbox. And the expansion pack game is only for the computer. So now I have to buy the original game for the computer. Uggghhhh .... they get you coming and going!
2. Eli's birthday party is tomorrow and he wants me to make him an Emmet cake from The Lego Movie. This is what I am planning on doing ...
but with this expression on his face ...
Wish me loads of luck! The first look on Emmet's face might be what my expression is by the time I get done decorating it. I am always so stressed when I decorate my kids' cakes, yet they always insist I do it instead of buying them from somewhere.
3. Every strand of lights on my Christmas tree has burned out except for one. So I am going to buy new lights today. And I have not been able to get my stockings to stay on the mantle this year for some reason. We don't have enough room for stocking holders because our t.v. is on our mantle. Every night I put them up and every morning they are laying on the ground. Gotta get to work on a solution that doesn't involve a hammer and nails.
4. I have been reading the same book for about 3 months now. It is a good book, Roses by Leila Meacham, but reading this time of year is not my priority with homeschooling and working three jobs. I am hoping to finish it by this weekend so I can read a Christmas novel starting next week. I have chosen Christmas at Harrington's by Melody Carlson. I have no idea what it is about or who the author is, but it looked good on the cover so we'll give it a go.
5. There are only 10 hours left in my sister-in-law's Kickstarter campaign to get her new board book off the ground. It is called The Wheels on the Bike and would be a great Christmas gift for the little one in your life. Consider backing her project. You can read all about it HERE.