Skip to main content

Homeschool Library Builder ~ TOS Review

Books. Oh, I love them! I have a perfect system available to me through my public library ... I can do all kinds of searches, "order" books that I want, and have them waiting for me at the library.

But sometimes, oh sometimes, my library does not have the book I am needing, or it has a large hold list and it won't be available for me to check out when I am needing it. That puts me in a position to purchase the book. I can typically purchase it new at several different places. But, that gets costly! There have been times I have completely changed my plans because of this problem.

NO. MORE.

Homeschool Library Builder is an amazing website that provides thousands of books at reduced prices!


Homeschool Library Builder offers:

  • New and used literature
Whether a book is hard- or softcover, like new or ex-library, in good or fair condition, our items are clearly rated by condition and priced accordingly.
  • Guidance for selecting worthwhile books
Items are organized by categories and age level, so you can easily locate what you need!
  • Amazingly low prices
We love bargain shopping and delight in sharing our savings with you! We want to help you stretch those dollars as you build your special home library!

(from the website)

By becoming a member of HSLB, you have the following benefits:
I encourage you to click on the links above. THIS IS AN AMAZING COMPANY!

I decided to put HSLB to the test:
  1. I tried to check out Charlotte's Web  from my library. Guess what. It's gonna be a while before I can get it, and I need it asap. This would be a great title to have in our home library. So, I did a title search at HSLB and came up with two great options at GREAT prices!
  2. Dawson is getting ready to start a unit on knights. So, I did a keyword search of "knights". I received 10 results. And, one was even an out-of-print book on The Middle Ages with stories, activities and reproducibles for a BARGAIN!
Will this site be useful to me in our future studies? YES! Should you go check it out also? ABSOLUTELY!

You can go here to register as a member for FREE. And, by becoming a member, you can receive 25% off your purchases for the entire month of May.

And -- when you become a member and place a banner on your website or blog, you receive 75 bookpoints which is equivalent to $5.00 toward a future purchase!**

If you would like to see how other Crew Members have liked the HSLB website, you can go here.

{Disclaimer: As a member of The Old Schoolhouse Homeschool Crew, I was provided access to this website in exchange for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.}

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cells ~ It's What's for Dinner

Dawson made edible cells on Friday. He made an animal cell pizza ... and a plant cell chocolate chip cookie ... He reviewed what he's learned about cells the past two weeks, and I had dinner made by someone else. Win, win!! I am linking up at Science Sunday at Adventures in Mommydom.

ABCya

Eli's reading resource teacher shared a website with me yesterday that I would like to pass along. It's called ABCya . There are separate educational sections with fantastic games for ages kindergarten through 5th grade. I browsed the 2nd grade level, and it includes age-appropriate games about Letters, Numbers, Shapes, Geometry, Patterns, Mouse Manipulation, Art and Holiday games. There are lots and lots of fun and creative games for children to play. They are fun, but oh, so educational. Eli's favorite, in his short time playing it, was Create a Car . A lot of the games also have Apps available for purchase (99 cents for most of them) for the iPad and iPhone. I have been looking for another free website for games similar to Starfall , for some time. I think I have found it. I can feel confident having Eli and Brynne play these games.

How to Build a Homeschool U.S. History Curriculum from "America: The Story of Us"

FINAL UPDATE (JUNE 2012): We completed our entire U.S. History course last month using the America: The Story of Us video series and the resources I had planned. We officially covered Episodes 1-9 which got us through the 1920's. We plan to use the remaining three videos when we study the World Wars in a couple of years. I just want to go on record as saying that I believe whole-heartedly that the use of this series with my resources would more than qualify your child for a full credit of U.S. History. And, it was exciting and enriching. Feel free to follow all of my lesson plans. You can see them all at this link: http://journey2excellence.blogspot.com/search/label/America%3A%20The%20Story%20of%20Us Update: America: The Story of Us is now available as an InstaStream through Netflix! We also had it available at our local library. If you didn't receive a complimentary copy, you won't have to pay the $30 for it! Many of us received a complimentary copy of "...