1. Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner. Okay, why do we all have to be involved in this? He/she is free to do whatever he/she wants. It is between him/her and God, and they apparently have a lot of work to be doing between them. Making it constantly my business is annoying. I don't want to be involved. It's not my business, and I do not care! I feel the same way about the issues with Josh Duggar. It's not my business, and shouldn't be. This is why I do not watch the news or read a newspaper or magazine or get too involved in the internet. I just don't want to know.
2. I am having a Netflix obsession right now. In conjunction with my do-absolutely-nothing-because-I-am-exhausted week, I watched the entire first season of When Calls the Heart and have now started the first season of Gilmore Girls.
3. On an unrelated t.v. note, I finally decided to make our bedroom my hang-out haven, so I had my son-in-law (that has a nice ring to it) move our basement Direct TV box and a spare t.v. into our bedroom armoire so that I can basically never leave my room again unless I have meals to prepare, laundry to do, or kids to teach. As I gazed out the bedroom window I decided that I needed to see something pretty out there, so today I bought a hanging basket of impatiens and am going to hang it right outside my window with one of my bird feeders. I might even plant a Japanese Red Maple right outside the window, too. I want to see pretty.
4. We decided against starting back to school this week. We needed a vacation from our vacation, and I needed to get too much done around the house. Besides, Brynne had volleyball camp each morning this week and I had some garage-saling to do today.
5. My mom and I go to a particular subdivision garage sale in Kansas City every year. This year it seemed a little duddish. But I did pick up a few good things. I scored on a brand new white Michael Kors jacket for $1.50, a cute denim tunic, and a cream puffy vest (I love puffy vests in the winter!). I got a few things for my house, including a bedside table, a small lamp, a wine rack, and a brand new Pampered Chef loaf pan for $2. (I'm going to make some banana bread tomorrow.) I picked up a few books for school this year, some Nike hoodies for Eli, a couple of Dora toys for my niece to keep here at my house to play with when she comes to visit, and a few other odds and ends. All-in-all it was a good day.