Skip to main content

Random 5



1. Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner. Okay, why do we all have to be involved in this? He/she is free to do whatever he/she wants. It is between him/her and God, and they apparently have a lot of work to be doing between them. Making it constantly my business is annoying. I don't want to be involved. It's not my business, and I do not care! I feel the same way about the issues with Josh Duggar. It's not my business, and shouldn't be. This is why I do not watch the news or read a newspaper or magazine or get too involved in the internet. I just don't want to know.

2. I am having a Netflix obsession right now. In conjunction with my do-absolutely-nothing-because-I-am-exhausted week, I watched the entire first season of When Calls the Heart and have now started the first season of Gilmore Girls.

3. On an unrelated t.v. note, I finally decided to make our bedroom my hang-out haven, so I had my son-in-law (that has a nice ring to it) move our basement Direct TV box and a spare t.v. into our bedroom armoire so that I can basically never leave my room again unless I have meals to prepare, laundry to do, or kids to teach. As I gazed out the bedroom window I decided that I needed to see something pretty out there, so today I bought a hanging basket of impatiens and am going to hang it right outside my window with one of my bird feeders. I might even plant a Japanese Red Maple right outside the window, too. I want to see pretty.

4. We decided against starting back to school this week. We needed a vacation from our vacation, and I needed to get too much done around the house. Besides, Brynne had volleyball camp each morning this week and I had some garage-saling to do today.

5. My mom and I go to a particular subdivision garage sale in Kansas City every year. This year it seemed a little duddish. But I did pick up a few good things. I scored on a brand new white Michael Kors jacket for $1.50, a cute denim tunic, and a cream puffy vest (I love puffy vests in the winter!). I got a few things for my house, including a bedside table, a small lamp, a wine rack, and a brand new Pampered Chef loaf pan for $2. (I'm going to make some banana bread tomorrow.) I picked up a few books for school this year, some Nike hoodies for Eli, a couple of Dora toys for my niece to keep here at my house to play with when she comes to visit, and a few other odds and ends. All-in-all it was a good day.

Comments

  1. I have been watching "When Calls the Heart Too"- after the boys go to bed. They don't love it as much as I do. I love it! Sounds like you scored pretty well on the garage sale. I could shop garage sales for hours around here and not come back with near that many good items. Enjoy your vacation from your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't we all too busy to worry about Hollywood hype? I know I am! LOL Your bedroom sounds relaxing! I actually have NO tv in my bedroom, just the laptop. (Sam took the TV for his room...) I just want quiet and calm...reading and crochet. Great finds at the yard sale!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We all know that in this crazy world of homeschooling, we need all the (adult) support we can get. Please leave a comment if you so wish!

Popular posts from this blog

ABCya

Eli's reading resource teacher shared a website with me yesterday that I would like to pass along. It's called ABCya . There are separate educational sections with fantastic games for ages kindergarten through 5th grade. I browsed the 2nd grade level, and it includes age-appropriate games about Letters, Numbers, Shapes, Geometry, Patterns, Mouse Manipulation, Art and Holiday games. There are lots and lots of fun and creative games for children to play. They are fun, but oh, so educational. Eli's favorite, in his short time playing it, was Create a Car . A lot of the games also have Apps available for purchase (99 cents for most of them) for the iPad and iPhone. I have been looking for another free website for games similar to Starfall , for some time. I think I have found it. I can feel confident having Eli and Brynne play these games.

Cells ~ It's What's for Dinner

Dawson made edible cells on Friday. He made an animal cell pizza ... and a plant cell chocolate chip cookie ... He reviewed what he's learned about cells the past two weeks, and I had dinner made by someone else. Win, win!! I am linking up at Science Sunday at Adventures in Mommydom.

Last Child in the Woods ~ Chapters 1-4

Welcome to our book study of Last Child in the Woods by Richard Louv. To be honest, I have no idea what this "study" is going to look like. I imagine that when we get together I will post about all of the things that caught my eye. And I would ask that you leave a comment, or a link to your own blog post in the comment, about what caught yours. This isn't anything formal, ladies, just a place to talk about what we have read. I have now read the first four chapters of Last Child in the Woods two times. It is just so good. Several things have specifically hit me deep, but in general I just realized that "times, they are a changin'." Things aren't the way they were when we were kids. Chapter 1. Gifts of Nature ~ "When I see birches bend to left and right ... I like to think some boy's been swinging them." ~ Robert Frost What is your definition of nature? What feelings, visions, senses does it conjure up? For me, it's not a